Happy Monday everyone! I’ve been loving keeping track of my favorite healthy living products over the past month, I love sharing with you guys all the things that I think really help in living a healthy, whole lifestyle. This month I am bringing you a few different items-from crystals, to baby products, to my favorite bathroom items. I want to introduce you to things that you can afford on a budget, that are well worth your money, and that you’ll come to love in your own home too. Here are my faves for July:
Here you are, the Golden Wellness Top 10, July Faves!
- Vitamineral Green: Funny story-I asked for this greens powder for Christmas last year. But I’m like, I cannot be the only one who asks for weird things like this for Christmas, right? Either way, I am glad I did. This greens powder is far superior to most greens powders I have tried. This one contains a huge array of ingredients that together create a powder that provides sustaining energy, cleansing capabilities, and micronutrients we often don’t get daily from the foods we eat. There is an enzyme concentrate, probiotics, ocean plants (kelp, dulse, etc.), land plants (wheat grass, barley grass, holy basil, etc.), and water plants (spirulina, chlorella). I most definitely notice a difference when I use this in my smoothies in the morning. I feel clear headed, more able to concentrate, and I definitely have more energy. I also like using this while breastfeeding as it replaces key nutrients and minerals that my body may be losing while working hard to produce milk and for my own daily functions as well. It is a little more on the expensive side, but if you stick to the recommended dosage in your smoothie, then it will last you a long time, so worth it!
- Badger Baby Sunscreen: In true health freak fashion, I had to find a sunscreen this summer for our baby that did not have anything harsh, chemical, or artificial in it. I wanted something easy to rub in, something that smelled nice, and a list of ingredients that I could pronounce. In comes this sunscreen…true to everything I was looking for, this totally did the trick. It smells AMAZING, and even though it is zinc based, it was sooo easy to rub into her skin for the beach. I felt like it helped keep her skin not only protected from the strong sun on the beach, but also left it soft and moisturized as well. I have often used this brand in the past for my own sunscreen and have never been disappointed. I also like that it comes in a smaller tube, since sunscreen usually goes “bad” after a season or two, this way I won’t feel pressured to use up the tube before it’s too late.
- Andalou Konjac Facial Sponge: These little sponges are the ultimate cleansing tool for anyone that has sensitive skin, or who is looking for a gentle facial exfoliator. These sponges are known as the secret to flawless skin. Konjac, is actually a potato like plant that grows in Japan. They have used the fibers of the plant to create a beauty product that they having been using for hundreds of years. This method creates a sponge that is extremely gentle on the skin, and also (bonus!) it is completely biodegradable when you are done using it. I always like a product that is good for the environment too. This sponge gently takes away dirt, and exfoliates, and help to balance the pH of your skin. It truly, truly does make your skin’s tone more even, softer, and supple looking. I bought a pack for my baby as well when she was born for her new baby skin. If you take care of the sponges and ring them out and put them up to dry after every use, they can easily last for 3 months. Such a great, inexpensive purchase that does so much for your skin.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay: This is your basic clay for a face mask, which goes to show, sometimes basic is all you need. I have been using this stuff for YEARS, and it’s truly the best. Clay masks are so wonderful because they use capillary action to absorb bacteria, dirt, oil, sebum, and all sorts of toxins from your face. I love it especially in the summer with all the sweating and oil I collect on my face during the day, it really pulls dirt out of my pores and leaves my face feeling fresh, soft, and my pores appear smaller. You can mix in things like apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, or rose water as well to add to the benefits of a basic clay mask.
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Organic Castile Soap: I feel redundant actually putting Dr. Bronner’s on here….I feel like, who hasn’t heard of these soaps?! I have been using these soaps for YEARS and years and years….In the off chance that you haven’t, do yourself a solid and try it out! These soaps are just as they say, 18 in 1! You can use these castile soaps for everything from washing your body, to cleaning your clothes, to creating a pest spray for your plants. They come in many amazing scents as well, (pictured above are their limited edition scents Green Tea & Cherry Blossom, my hubs and I like the Cherry Blossom best!) I also absolutely love this company. They are totally in line with causes I can get behind, and are huge advocates of environmental protection. For this reason, I feel really great when I buy these products because of so many great causes they support. Head over to their website to learn more about the company, and sign up for their newsletter, they always have great information in their newsletter.
- Sallye Ander Nourish Under Eye Treatment: I am beyond happy that this company is at my local farmer’s market. I went down one day for some veggies, came back with a bag full of bathroom and beauty products from this company that I can’t get enough of! As a new mama, sometimes nights are sleepless, so those bags under your eyes are inevitable. This under eye treatment works absolute wonders in this department. Right away I noticed my eyes appeared less puffy, and I feel like any lines or creases around my eyes have faded away. This under eye treatment goes on clean, smells amazing, and feels truly fresh under my eyes. I seriously look forward to putting it on every evening.
- Sallye Ander Deodorant Stone: I have always wanted to try a deodorant like this, so that same day at the farmer’s market…I went all in and got it. Just like the reviews say on the website…this truly works. First of all, I stopped using conventional deodorants years ago, as they contain metals that are easily absorbed through our pits-the skin there is actually very thin. I’ve been bee boppin’ around with different brands for years now, always trying something new. My search is over. This deodorant stone is made from naturally occurring salts, and truly stops that bad pit smell. The even cooler part? This stone will last THREE years. I’m never going back to any other deodorant my friends. (PS! If you live in my area, there is a storefront for their products in Beacon, NY, click on the link and it will bring you to their beautiful site!)
- Pacifica Mascara : This is a great mascara for those looking for length, and volume, as well as a product that is not tested on animals, and vegan. It is a mineral based mascara, and it makes my lashes look way better than any conventional chemical based mascara. I made the switch when I realized how important it is to use a natural makeup product, especially near my eyes. This mascara comes off really easily with a little water and coconut oil at night, and it lasts allllll day. Doesn’t flake, or clump, or run at all. It’s also easy to find, helloooo Target.
- Boiron Camilia Teething Relief: Ahhhh, it’s here, TEETHING. I have to say, I was thrown off by my sweet, chill baby suddenly crying and being fussy a lot. We realized quickly that those teeth must be making their way through, and I wanted to find something natural to use for her relief. In addition to going to our homeopath, we have been using this at times for her relief, and it definitely does work. I was recommended this by many, many mothers who have also tried it. It comes in convenient little tubes that you simply squeeze into your babe’s mouth. Our little one likes to chew on the tube as well as we are squeezing it in, it’s super easy to use, and works like a charm.
- Amethyst Crystal: Last, but not least, even though this technically isn’t a product, it’s still something that I like having in my house. I know crystals can seem really woo woo, but I’ve read a ton about using crystals, and I truly feel like they are a really nice addition to a home. (They look pretty, if nothing else). I keep a few around my house for various purposes, but I recently got a pretty big hunk of amethyst for our house, that I keep on our table in the main part of our house. Amethyst is the a powerful stone that can be used to cleanse all other crystals. It aids in the nervous system, and all physical ailments, and also helps promote restful sleep. It also is a strong protector of a home. You can buy crystals from many, many places on the internet, just make sure it’s a reputable site! I have never bought crystals online, only in stores in my area. Check out this book if you are interested in learning more about crystals.
That’s it for July! Hope you are able to check out one or two of these products for yourself, and you love them as much as I do. Let’s make this week a good one.